About the Friends of the Chili Public Library
The Friends of the Chili Public Library are people who believe in the importance of public libraries.
They donate time, energy and money to support the Chili Public Library and foster a greater use of its services and resources. As a Friend of the Chili Public Library, you become part of a growing, non-profit, volunteer citizen group that believes in the importance of books, technology, media, cultural activities, and public libraries for people of all ages.
Friends support the library in many different ways and are recognized by the library and the community for their contributions.
Join the Friends of the Chili Public Library today! Become a part of our family of Friends. Support your local public library!
A Brief History of the Friends
The Friends of the Chili Public Library formed in the fall of 1995 to create public support for the library, intensify community awareness and library use, to campaign for a new library building and to sponsor programs designed to add to the cultural life of the community.
Currently the Friends
- Sponsor a "Books to People" program to deliver library materials to the home-bound
- Conduct Book Sales
- Recycle used cell phones and inkjet cartridges
- Support educational and entertaining programs for children, teens and adults
- Support monthly book discussion groups
- Promote library services to the public
- Encourage endowments and gifts to the library
- Increase public awareness of library resources
- One free book at all book sales
- Mailings detailing the current activities of the Friends
- Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law
- Life Members are honored with a name plate on the Donor Board in the lobby of the Chili Public Library
- Satisfaction in supporting literacy in your community